Posts Tagged Termination of Parental Rights

Stepparent Adoption in Minnesota

Posted by Tentinger Law Firm

If you marry someone who has a child, you may consider legally adopting the child.  In order to adopt your stepchild, you must: 1) terminate the parental rights of the other parent  (not your spouse); 2) petition the court for adoption and file all necessary paperwork; 3) have social services conduct a background study and… Read more »